Brand supremacy. Our guys are better than your guys. We rule, you suck.
Whatever silly tagline WWE are using this time around, it’s Survivor Series time once again on Sunday, featuring not one, not two, but three (!) elimination matches. The lineups are stacked for these matches, featuring names such as the official best in the world Shane McMahon, The Colóns (yes, they’re still signed), and Tamina. Blockbuster names.
But what if Scotland had it’s own Survivor Series teams? Who would be put forward to represent the nation? Well reader, that’s exactly why you’ve clicked on this article! In an idea that was completely stolen from the fine folks of Cultaholic, here’s my dream Survivor Series team of Scottish stars only.
You can probably guess who’s on it without reading any further…
Joe Hendry: Every team needs someone that can lead the squad to victory. Joe Hendry fits that role perfectly, having led The Prestige to some level of success in Defiant Wrestling (formerly WCPW). The Prestigious One is as good at professional wrestling as he is amateur wrestling, allowing him to use all sorts of different techniques to get the better of his opponent(s). The perfect leader.
Aspen Faith: He was one of the first Scottish wrestlers I ever saw and remains one of the best to watch, so of course he’ll be on the team. A firm favourite of all involved with SWN, The King of Catch would be that one guy on the team that constantly breaks up pins and submissions to the annoyance of the referee, while also getting loads and loads of offence in.
Lewis Girvan: Much like his Kings of Catch tag partner, Lewis Girvan is also a favourite here at the Scottish Wrestling Network. His mix of technical wrestling and the odd high-flying flip makes him a great individual to include on the team of five. In multi-man matches, The Renegade often uses plenty of low blows to get the advantage over the opposition. What would be the difference here?
Nathan North: Survivor Series teams always have at least one guy that takes the brunt of the offence. As much as I like Nathan North, he’d be the one to do just that. The Vintage One is undoubtedly one of the fastest rising stars in Scotland right now, which is an accomplishment in itself seeing as he’s from the north-east (people up here usually get left in their own bubble with the exception of Aspen Faith, Damien, Anastasia, etc). He maybe wouldn’t be a survivor, but he’d be there to take an early elimination at least.
Kieran Kelly: Young plucky up and comers are always a lovely sight on Survivor Series teams. Kieran Kelly fits that role better than anyone in Scotland right now. He’s one of the greatest young talents in the country today, perhaps even the entirety of the United Kingdom. He’s just really, really good. Bringing the fire to the team.
Who would be on your Survivor Series team?
Survivor Series airs tonight, LIVE on the WWE Network. The announced match card is as follows;
- Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan
- Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura
- The AOP (Akam & Rezar) vs The Bar (Sheamus & Cesaro)
- Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair
- Men’s Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Raw (Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley & Finn Bálor) vs Team Smackdown (The Miz, Shane McMahon, Samoa Joe, Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy)
- Tag Teams Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Raw (Bobby Roode & Chad Gable, The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder), The B-Team (Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel), The Ascension (Konnor & Viktor) & The Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik and/or Lince Dorado)) vs Team Smackdown (The Usos (Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso), The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods), SAnitY (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe and/or Killian Dain), The Colóns (Primo Colón & Epico Colón) & Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson)
- Women’s Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Raw (Nia Jax, Mickie James, Ruby Riott, Tamina & Natalya) vs Team Smackdown (Asuka, Naomi, Carmella, Sonya Deville & ???)
- WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Buddy Murphy (c) vs Mustafa Ali